Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to wasps, bees, hornets, and yellowjackets.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduce your self here

Go down 
+9
mike
bhoeschcod
vulgaris
IHeartMantids
John Apple
~Abyss~
BeeMan3
Polistes
Fuscatus
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
bhoeschcod
bhoeschcod

Introduce your self here - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce your self here   Introduce your self here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:33 pm

Sorry guys i've forgot about the forum. Seems dead Sad
Back to top Go down
http://mealwormmania.forumotion.net/
Fuscatus
Administrator
Fuscatus

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your self here   Introduce your self here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:22 pm

It's beyond dead, LOL it's buried
Back to top Go down
http://venomlist.com/forums/index.php?showuser=3514
kuribo

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your self here   Introduce your self here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 13, 2012 1:47 am

Hi all,

My fascination with pet wasps started last mid year when i stumble across the youtube vids of people hand taming wasps and keep them as pets. I am not much of a bug man but i was totally blown away and enticed by the idea of it Very Happy.

since then i tried to find more info, forums and social groups and i am glad that i finally found one (this one haha)..I already read up on some caresheets and i must say this is exactly what i am looking for Very Happy

Anyways i am new to this whole thing but i really wanna get into it...It currently the heart of winter in australia so cant do much but i ll do my research and reading now so i ll be ready when spring hits

I kept a yellow jacket for a while just before winter hit this year in a KK, it didnt nest and only about 1.2-5 long so i presume was a worker....it died after 2 weeks from the day caught him at my work place... anyway i learnt a lot from that experience and collected a few vids which i might upload to youtube to share with you guys now that i found this group Very Happy

anyways i can imagine this is going to be awesome Very Happy post more soon
Back to top Go down
exclamans

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your self here   Introduce your self here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Halloe, I am new here. I have liked wasps for a long time, but now I am taking a step further and actually trying to keep them. My favorite kind of wasps are the Polistes, and my favorite Polistes is exclamans, Durr. I live in southern Texas and really the only wasps I see are all polistine, and they are all either exclamans, metricus, and annularis. Not even any yellowjackets.... just polistes..... wows..... k. bounce Also, if you manage to see this post, EVER, I would like to inform you that I need help keeping the polistes wasps, go to the wasps section for keeping social wasps, you will probably see mine at the bottom. Reply there. The wasp I am having trouble keeping is P. exclamans. Thank you. tongue 
Back to top Go down
Kjkh

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your self here   Introduce your self here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 3:04 pm

Hello, Kjkh here. I actually joined a while back but was unable to post due to a problem with the cookie settings on my browser Razz

Anyway, I have been fascinated by wasps and bees ever since I was 6, when I got stung by a bumblebee lol!. Since then I have observed wasps studiously and even caught a few and added them to my collection. Only recently have I decided to try and actually keep social wasps, after watching some youtube videos. Im still kind of new to keeping wasps so I hope to learn a lot here  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
bhoeschcod
bhoeschcod

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your self here   Introduce your self here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Wow, this forum is still up? I wish we had vulgaris posting on here, he was the guy who got me into wasps!
Back to top Go down
http://mealwormmania.forumotion.net/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce your self here   Introduce your self here - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce your self here
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: COME HERE BEFORE YOU POST ANYTHING!-
Jump to: