Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum dedicated to wasps, bees, hornets, and yellowjackets.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Uh Oh!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bhoeschcod
bhoeschcod

Uh Oh! Empty
PostSubject: Uh Oh!   Uh Oh! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Okay so today i was looking around my house as it's spring for dermestids.And i came across a new species.Now why did i put Uh Oh?Well for one that means i have 3 species or more dermestids in my room alone!But there is good news.This new species is a close if not a brother[In this case sister as she is a female.]to dermestes lardarius or simply the Larder beetle.This species is Dermestes Atar or simply The Black Larder beetle.My friend asked me whats the diffrence?Well ones black and the other isn't.What i mean by this is Dermestes Lardarius has a yellow band across the thorax and black dots,six to be exact three on each side that look like a triangle.Now dermestes atar doesn't have this band but it does have the same exact dots in the same spots.I'm thinking Dermestes Atar was bred by well Dermestes Lardarius[For the general body and the spots] and Dermestes Maculatas[for the color and the habits as this species is the second most used species in Taxidermy.Dermestes Maculatas is first then Dermestes Atar and then finally Dermestes Lardarius.]

Did i lose anyone?
Back to top Go down
http://mealwormmania.forumotion.net/

Uh Oh!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General-
Jump to: